Testbank for Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist, 2e Logothetis
- ISBN-13: 978-0323396332
- ISBN-10: 032339633X
This is the official Test Bank available online right now for immediate download. This TestBank is the same file that teachers and instructors use to build and create the tests and exams for their classes. The Testbank contains the exams for every chapter and includes all the questions and the correct answers. Do not miss out on this extremely valuable opportunity! The Test Bank pays for itself in the amount of time you will save by studying the exact questions and answers you will see on your exams. Why spend endless hours studying the wrong material, only to do poorly on the test? End the frustration now, by downloading the official Test Bank.
Avoid the scammers who claim to send you a testbank file in 12 hours after you pay them! Only to never hear from them again, as they take your money and run! When you buy your Test Bank from us, payments will be processed immediately and you will instantly be sent what you pay for via digital download, No waiting!
Prepare for practice with the only book on local anesthesia written specifically for dental hygienists! Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist, 2nd Edition, provides complete instructions for the safe and effective administration of local anesthesia. Written by noted dental hygiene educator Demetra Logothetis, the first edition won a 2012 PROSE Honorable Mention award. This edition adds a new chapter on children and adolescent patients, plus new coverage of anesthetic agents and advanced techniques. With colorful and detailed illustrations showing dental anatomy and hundreds of clinical photos of injection techniques, as well as discussions of the Human Needs Paradigm to promote patient-centered care, this reference prepares you for success on board exams and confidence in practice.
- Clear, approachable writing style makes it easier to learn proper techniques and gain confidence, acknowledging not only the patient’s fear of injection but also the fears of the inexperienced clinician.
- An outstanding art program features more than 500 full-color photographs and illustrations.
- Technique and Procedures boxes provide illustrated, step-by-step instructions for performing specific procedures, including indications, contraindications, nerves and teeth affected, operator and patient positioning, insertion point, penetration, amount of anesthetic, and working time.
- Color-coded anesthesia boxes match the color scheme developed and used by the ADA (American Dental Association) and help in choosing the best agent for the type of anesthesia required, providing images, selection tips, precautions, and maximum dosing information.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter provide the opportunity to assess your understanding, and the Evolve companion website provides a 55-question mock examination and chapter practice quizzes.
- Case studies make it easier to apply concepts to the clinical setting and to develop problem-solving skills.
- Dental Hygiene Considerations boxes summarize key points and tips for optimal care.
- Key terms are highlighted within the text and defined in the glossary.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter and set goals for what you will accomplish; they also help you study for examinations.
- A focus on the Human Needs Theory relates the administration of local anesthesia and dental hygiene care to the eight human needs.
- Summary tables and boxes help you review and study concepts, procedures, and techniques.
- Expert author Demetra Logothetis is a dental hygiene educator with 20 years of experience teaching local anesthesia and pain control.
- End-of-chapter resources include lists of current, evidence-based literature for further research or study.
- NEW! Local Anesthesia for the Child and Adolescent chapter focuses on the delivery techniques and administration protocol needed for pediatric and adolescent patients.
- NEW! Advanced local anesthetic techniques include the Vazirani-Akinosi mandibular block, intraseptal injections, and pre-puncture technique for the C-CLAD.
- NEW! Coverage of dynamic and emerging topics include newer anesthetic agents, buffering of anesthetics, determination of drug dosages, armamentarium and syringe preparation, maxillary and mandibular injection techniques and fulcrums, and information on electronic devices and new equipment.
- NEW clinical photos show basic and advanced injection techniques for maxillary and mandibular anesthesia, and new illustrations depict dental anatomy.
- The Test Bank files are compressed as a Zip file so PLEASE MAKE SURE you know how to open a zipped file. We suggest the free programs IZARC or 7zip for unzipping the file if you do not already have a zip utility such as Winzip.
- Files ending with the extension (.pdf) can be opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader
- Files ending with the extension (.doc) , (.docx) or (.rtf) can be opened using Microsoft Word or the free program Open Office
The accuracy and authenticity of this Test Bank is 100% guaranteed!